1. What are cookies?
- Cookies are widely used tiny pieces of software (files) that are installed on a computer or mobile device when an individual visits a website.
- Windows Explorer, which is one of the main internet browsers, will usually store these files in a folder called
documents and permissions on computers running Microsoft Windows.
- Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual computer has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
By using and browsing this website, you consent to cookies being used. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the
help menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
2. What types of cookie are there?
Broadly, there are 4 types of cookie:
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as
- Functionality cookies: These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website. For example, where users select their preferred settings and layout.
- Targeting or Advertising cookies: These cookies are similar to performance cookies, in that they collect information about users’ behaviour. However, this information is used at individual user level to advertise products and services to users on the basis of the behavioural information collected.
3. What cookies does this website use?
We use Performance cookies.
|Cookie ||Duration ||Purpose|
||This cookie is known as a
first-party visitor cookie and is set by the website that you visit. When it is first set, a random id is generated and stored in the cookie in order to avoid counting you as a visitor more than once (e.g. if you are on a mobile device and your IP address changes while you browse). This cookie also stores a count of your returning visits. These cookies are placed by StatCounter.
For more information, see point 1 of the StatCounter cookie page
|We may use a tool called
Google Analytics to give us statistical data on the performance of our website. These cookies are
first-party cookies and they are used to distinguish unique users and to throttle the request rate.
For more information on these cookies, see the Google Analytics cookie usage page
Read more about cookies:
For more information about what we do, please contact us
School Assemblies, R.E. Lessons, Christian Unions and Hubs in Letchworth, Baldock, Stotfold and surrounds.